Please update your bookmarks. Our current address is: www7.two-movies.name Old domains will be deleted soon. Spread the word!
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

Rank these six cheeses in your favourite order... (201 views, 17 replies)

senior guru
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)
Rank the following six cheeses in the order you like them,
with your fav at number 1. followed by your second fav, etc.

This is the order I like them...

1. Cheddar

2. Brie

3. Roquefort

4. Monterey Jack

5. Stilton

6. Camembert

senior guru
1. Extra Mature Cheddar
2. Extra Mature Cheddar
3. Extra Mature Cheddar
5. Extra Mature Cheddar
6.... I could go on but you get the idea. I know this is not how I'm supposed to play, but anything else is just not cheese in my world. (Although I do use Stilton for cooking sometimes - but that's because it keeps its cheesiness when cooked).

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(1mo)
I like my Cheddar extra mature too but I also like other cheeses.

Never cooked with Stilton and to be honest I didn't know you could cook anything with it. For me Stilton is a Christmas cheese mostly, eaten with crackers, and a glass of red.

↑   hide 1 reply...

senior guru
@Crutchbender Split a small chicken breast through the centre, fill it with stilton, wrap a couple of strips of smoked streaky bacon around to hold it together, then wrap that in flaky pastry (cut a square of it then pull the corners in). 30 mins in the oven and omg. Also works well with a fillet of white fish, but I add herbs and no bacon with that.

And now all the veggies, vegans and diet control/allergy peeps hate me. I'll just sit over here getting fat and not care :)

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)
What? No Provolone or Mozzarella, no Parmesan?

+4

↑   hide 2 replies...

senior guru
Report comment
(1mo)
@Paladin* No. Sorry. But you can start your own thread with those cheeses and I'd be happy to play.

senior master
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)
@Crutchbender haha cool, no offense, I am unfamiliar with Stilton, Camembert, (I think), otherwise, your list looks good to me.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(1mo)
1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. No

6. No

Dairy free diet.

Dairy free cheese tastes like vomit.

My life sucks.

Screw y'all and your delicious cheeses!

+4

↑   hide 6 replies...

senior guru
@DemandingFemale I feel for you. One of my friends let me try some of her vegan cheese and although nothing like strong enough for me it actually wasn't that bad. But she said it was the only one she likes, I will ask her what brand it is and get back to you. Also - she made vegan meringue that was really good, used the juice from a tin of chick peas to make it.

+2

admin
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)
@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Almonds and cashews (soaked and pureed with flavourings added) make for very good vegan substitutes a long this line... They are time consuming to make, and you have to know what you're doing. Either that or they cost a fortune premade. (I only know because I ate as a vegan for several decades until it became a political statement that created enemies at my most favourite activity: EATING... lol)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1mo)
@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I've tried so many different vegan cheeses and hated every single one of them. My husband usually ends up eating it - or I leave it out for the foxes. So, any help finding a decent one would be greatly appreciated - even if it's only by the foxes, lol.

I miss pizza, cheese on toast, cheese and relish... It sucks!

I know the chickpea meringue trick. It really does work well, too.

admin
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)
@DemandingFemale Just curious if you have ever tried any of the regional French goats cheeses?

Goats cheese is a lot more antiseptic and the French make cheeses which I get zero reaction to in terms of dairy.

Dairy free cheeses are truly disgusting though. smiley

I only learned this because my son lives in France. I tried to be polite, but found that I had a actually discovered cheeses that were not only delicious and fresh, they didn't do the bad cheese things to me. lol

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1mo)
@Ravenousbird Never been a fan of goats cheese. I've even tried willing myself to like it.

All the things I like, I can't eat.
All the things I can eat, I don't like.

I've lost so much weight this year I've started looking like one of those fatties advertising for Weight Watchers on the back of buses, LOL.

+1

admin
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)
@DemandingFemale I understand.

I'll hold hopeful future cheesey (the real kind) thoughts for you in the future.

Food is one of the few true joys in life (for me) . It's grievous when it's forsaken.

Well done you on how far you've come in doing whatever it is you've had to do.

smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(1mo)
1. Cheddar
2. Brie
3. Jack
4. Camembert

The other ones I've never tired.

...eating some old cheddar right now. ;) I love cheese

+2

admin
Report comment
(1mo)
(edited)
There's no Gouda, no Emmental, no Gruyere, no Parmesan, no Gorgonzola and no Cantal. smiley

...not to mention the endless varieties of goats cheese (the French kinds).

smiley smiley

...unfortunately I have to be careful around cheese or it takes over my life. smiley

1. Camembert
2. Brie
3. Stilton
4. Roquefort
5. Cheddar (only sharp)
6. Monterey Jack (I'd actually have to put a minus symbol on this one. It's too rubbery for me.)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1mo)
There are several cheeses that have U.S. import bans on them.

Camembert, Brie, Roquefort, and unpasteurised goats cheese being some of them.

+1

↑   hide 1 reply...

admin
Report comment
(1mo)
@DemandingFemale As my friends in France say when Americans complain about mould, "That's not mould! Those are worms!" smiley

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 326,863 users who love movies and TV shows!